Friday, October 18, 2013

Friday!!!

"Aaaahhhhhhh..... Hello, Weekend! How I've missed you. I know I squeezed an extra day out of you last week, but I am SO glad to see you again. There were times this week that I wasn't sure you'd visit again...!"

Okay.... this week was better than last week, but I am still tired, and still happy that it is Friday! So, of course I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching again this week for another edition of Five For Friday!

I brought home a guest for the weekend. My monarch chrysalis is still hanging around. My smaller caterpillar finally died this week (sniff!), but I have high hopes set on this one. The green chrysalis seems to be darkening, and I just didn't want to miss any of it! This is my first time doing this, ever, and I'm amazed!
I'm wishing my little sister a very Happy Birthday today!

I am really happy with how the Daily 5 is taking shape in my classroom. Finally! We are now into the Working on Writing stage, and it is going SO well! I wish I had some photos to share, but I was too shocked at how much the kids were writing that I didn't pull out my iPhone! Maybe next week!
To keep my kiddos excited about writing, I created some whole-class journals. They are going to go nuts for these! I've posted the cover pages FREE for all of my Facebook Fans!
I'm excited to have the opportunity to tour the recently-closed Kingston Penitentiary this weekend. I've driven past it countless times in the 29 years I've lived in the area, and for the first time the doors are open to the public. When it closed a couple of weeks ago, it was one of the oldest prisons in continuous use in the world. It was also designated a National Historic Site of Canada. The entry tickets have been sold in support of our local United Way fundraising campaign. It should be interesting to see this darker side of my local community history!
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/1550023306/ref=as_li_tf_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=15121&creative=330641&creativeASIN=1550023306&linkCode=as2&tag=mrsbeatsclas-20
Have a wonderful weekend, Friends! :)

3 comments :

  1. Aren't Monarch butterflies neat?! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! Happy birthday little sister. You guys look so cute. Great memories. Kingston Penitentiary, eh. I have never had the courage to visit it, yet. I've heard so much about it though. Maybe you can convince? Can't wait to hear all about it. Good luck with the monarch butterflies. Can't wait to read about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did painted lady butterflies last year and it was so much fun!
    I didn't realize the Kingston Pen was closing! Interesting, might have to check it out...

    We also do whole class journals and my guys love them too! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and would like to reply with a personal e-mail. Make sure you aren't a "No Reply" blogger, or leave your e-mail address! Enjoy your day!